Thursday, December 21, 2017

Unfinished Blog #2 : TOP GOLF




Okay this one was a bit weird.

What was supposed to be a humorous take on a "stranger in a strange land" type of scenario (aka me in an upscale driving range golf concept, say no more) totally backfired. And it was all my fault.

The nice people at TopGolf sent me an invite to their media night for the new one that just opened in Marana and after I had a few free drinks in me I posted on social media calling the whole event a "wank".

What made it worse is that someone I know got a job there and she had a talking to by the higher ups asking what my comment was all about and, yeah... Not good.

So let me apologize to everyone at TopGolf for being a turd that night. If it helps I was also on the cusp of being sick so I was edgy going in. But still.

Thing is, I had a totally good time. Now, I am not much of a golfer...hold up, let me rephrase that: I AM NOT A GOLFER!, so getting the chance to hang out at a place I would probably not go to voluntarily was really cool. The place is huge. Three levels of bars, driving ranges, restaurants, etc - TopGolf is set up to be a destination for corporate events, parties and general sporty mirth. Oh and is equipped with like 500 humongous 3D plasma screens. Again, not my scene but it is for a lot of people who got the cash.

The food was really tasty. We got to sample rare prime rib, charcuterie boards, cheesy meatballs, amouse bouche bites and dessert balls that you get to inject cream into. All of it was good. But this was just media night fare. The regular menu includes chicken and waffle sliders, flatbread pizzas, brisket grilled cheese sandwiches, a kids menu and best of all...tater tots.

How can I insult a place that serves tater tots? Idiot!

Thing is after my gaffe I'm sure I wont be invited back so if I want to eat that food I'm going to have to go in incognito and, sigh, pay for it myself. Oh the humanity!

But I deserve it. What I should have done is just added an S to that word and the whole thing would have been 'swank'. Then things wouldn't have gotten sticky. Or at least as sticky.

Not to mention but we also got free water bottles as we exited. I insult a place after drinking and eating on their tab alongside getting a gift? C'mon man.

For all my smarts, sometimes I am just not that bright.

Anyway, that said here are the pics I took from the media event and I'm sure you'll get an idea of what you are in store for when you visit TopGolf.

Oh and I  removed all of the posts once I got word that the wank hit the fan. So...we/I got that going for us/me.

Cheers!




Spiffy

Can't go wrong with a meat and cheese board

Bacon with a side of sprouts

Bite sized nibbles

There's a lot of balls at this place

You get to inject cream into these balls

Very Metal

S'long Top Golf!





Eating, Drinking and Not Golfing
"Metal" Mark Whittaker
Early December, 2017

Metal Influence:







13 comments:

  1. I surmise I have chosen an intelligent and mind blowing website with interesting material. curing the yips with cbd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I discover something very complicated on distinct blogs everyday. Most commonly it is stimulating to read content off their writers and use a specific thing from their store. I’d would rather apply certain with all the content on my own blog no matter whether you do not mind. Natually I’ll supply you with a link for your internet weblog. Many thanks sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. every golfer should read this article because of knows of nutrition.thank you. you also
    check my site.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much appreciated you all that much to share these connections. Will look at this.. golf swing basics

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many utilized golf carts can be purchased for only a couple of thousand dollars that are still in great condition. buying guides a drum set for kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information here. us open golf 2019 live stream

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now i need most of the research, Give preference to in fact cherished, We would like addiitional advice regarding it, precisely as it might be moderately terrific., All the best mainly for telling. golf lesson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors. Top 10 Best

    ReplyDelete
  9. great idea about the content, everyone must helpfull

    about this, see my golf site..best golf gps

    ReplyDelete
  10. In this case you will begin it is important, it again produces a web site a strong significant internet site: ralevant backlink

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post has an ocean of information on different things. I along with many people got benefit from the information on this post. I want to give 5 stars to this post.
    Bandygolf

    ReplyDelete